Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Self and Society Portraits

Patience-The Key to Life
This whole life that we have been living is just like a story in a book. It has a beginning, middle, and end. All of our experiences and daily life are just like events in a story book. Even though we don’t know or pay attention to every detail of life or to what happens to and around us, all of these things make us who we are. My life may not seem like an extraordinary story, or like any story I have read throughout school. Instead it is a typical life with a routine, made up of simple yet memorable experiences. I remember when I was younger I always used to tell my mom that I can’t wait until I grow up and finish school and all that. But then when changes in my life happen I start to regret ever saying that. I start to wish I could go back in time and relive the past years. I remember the first day of high school as if it was yesterday-I hated it. I have been going to a private school ever since Pre-K and suddenly getting transferred to a public school was not easy for me. My private school was like my second home and everyone there was like family. I was shocked at how different public school could be. I felt that the next four years would be the worst of my life. Everyone seemed so different and people weren’t as friendly and the school was filled with cliques. When I told my parents I hated it, they said I have to give it time to get used to it. They were right, like how parents usually are. Patience was the key to my happiness and success at my new school. The next four years turned out to be the best. Not only did I make amazing new friends, but I learned to appreciate everything the school had to offer. There were many life lessons that I have learned through my teachers’ advice and my daily life there. Patience and perseverance were the most important and they are what helped me get through any hardships. When I first came to high school I couldn’t wait until it was over, but now that it is I regret what I had said and I wish I could have made the best out of every moment. Now that I am in college, this is going to be another life changing transition that I must go through whether I like it or not. I know I can’t go back in time, but instead I will try to make every moment worthwhile. Being in such a hurry for the future made me realize that I’m just getting closer to the end of my life story, because every life has a beginning, middle, and end. When I look at my younger brother I see the beginning of my life in him and I now realize how patience is the key to life. Most of us have typical life stories with similar endings such as getting a job and family and all that. Only a few have those extraordinary experiences that change the route of their whole life. But all in all life is just like a story no matter how simple its details may be and patience is a great way to live through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment