Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What do you regret? Free Write-

I am the kind of person who always says “Oh I should have done that; or if only if only this could have happened.” I do not really think too often about regrets but it’s still something that is somewhere in my mind and it bothers me at times. I regret not making the best of every moment in the past or using all my time wisely and I definitely regret procrastinating. There were many times where I would be too preoccupied with school work to do and would not spend too much time with my family or help my mother around the house. This is actually important because family is an extremely significant and major part of my life. That’s why I regret ever upsetting my mom and never want to disappoint her because now when I think about all her life lessons and advice she’s right; she’s not always going to be there for me. Every time my mom brings up this topic I become more regretful because then I think about my past actions and wish that I could change them. One important thing she used to tell me was to not procrastinate and to always do whatever I have to today rather than tomorrow because I never know what may happen the next day. She was definitely right about that, that’s why I regret delaying any work that I had to do to another day and then that made me have more work to do and made me more exhausted. There were many days when I may have wasted time not doing anything productive because I was tired or just did not feel like it; I should have studied more or finished up most of my work earlier. But now I regret that because I know that I have to use my time wisely because time is something that I can never get back; once it passes it doesn’t come back. I now know that I should take heed of all the advice I am receiving now because I will need it in the future. Kids these days do not seem too close with their families and parents. They prefer to be on their own and just hang out with friends. But throughout the years I have learned that family is more important because they are always there for you and spending any moment with them is truly worthwhile. If I could go back in time I would definitely do so and would not procrastinate often.

No comments:

Post a Comment